Girl Online by Zoe Sugg

First of all, I love Zoella. Her attitude towards everything is so happy. I will admit going into this that I was only keen on the book because of who wrote it but I will try not to let that taint my view.


I loved the first third of the book. It was descriptive, relatable, it draws the reader in quite well and makes you really root for the main character Penny.

In the second third of the book it was quite...slow. Everything was unnecessarily drawn out and I found it quite hard to remain interested. I did skim over parts as I couldnt bring myself to read the sloppy bits that were obvious and already stated really...

As for the last section, I was both happy, disappointed, and unsatisfied. Happy because I love it when the main character gets their justice. Disappointed as it was done in quite a rushed fashion. Particularly the payback which I found to be completely unrealistic and far fetched. And unsatisfied as it felt extremely rushed. There were loose ends everywhere that weren't dealt with, along with miraculous solutions that just so happened to come along at the right moment. As much as I looooooved the first third of the book and I love Zoe Sugg I cannot bring myself to recommend this book to anyone who wants something a little bit...more.

I give it 3/5 stars.

However if you are looking for a book and your around the 10-13 age mark, then this may be right up your alley...

Cate-Marie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment