Book Review: It's Not Me, It's You by Mhairi McFarlane

I absolutely loved this book. I was a little apprehensive about reading it as it was a genre I hadn't really explored before but it was an adventure and I would definitely recommend it to people who are looking for something a bit different. 



"Delia Moss isn’t quite sure where she went wrong.
When she proposed and discovered her boyfriend was sleeping with someone else – she thought it was her fault.
When she realised life would never be the same again – she thought it was her fault. 
And when he wanted her back life nothing had changed – Delia started to wonder if perhaps she was not to blame…

From Newcastle to London and back again, with dodgy jobs, eccentric bosses and annoyingly handsome journalists thrown in, Delia must find out where her old self went – and if she can ever get her back."

I found this book to be a rollercoaster and much more indepth than I thought it would be. It took turns and twists that I didn't quite see coming and I found Delia Moss to be quite relatable. The way she was portrayed, I found myself really feeling what she was feeling. 

This was the first time I had read something written by Mhairi MacFarlane and I was definitely not disappointed. Written in quite a high standard, I'd recommend this book to anyone looking for something new to read and a bit different to what you'd normally look at.

I'd be interested in following Delia's story even further. Though the book does a great job at giving us, the reader, a really good adventure, the way Mhairi MacFarlane wrote Delia - I want more! Even the small stuff after this giant change, I want to read it all. 
On sale for $9.99AUD at Dymocks!

Cate-Marie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment